A waste disposal centre in Lancashire has been damaged after a fire broke out in the premises on Monday morning (21st May).
Six firefighters were called to the facility in Dawson Lane, Chorley, at 8.56pm to tackle the flames emitting from a pile of waste, reports the Lancashire Evening Post.
Officers used breathing apparatus, two thermal imaging cameras and two hose reels to control the blaze, which Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service believes was caused accidentally.
During their battle with the fire, crews also used large loading shovels to remove burning waste from the building before eventually leaving the site at around midnight.
If the fire risk assessment is deemed to be carried out to an insufficient extent, the Responsible Person can face an unlimited fine or a prison sentence of up to two years.